Friday, August 19, 2011

NZ Elections

I am really looking forward to this years General Election.

It will be interesting for many reasons - the Rugby World Cup, for example, will mask a lot of campaigning. I expect a few political blindsides will be prepared under the shadow of this event.

I'd like to see Nikki Kaye returned in Auckland Central, bit more importantly, I'd like to see National run a decent campaign in Mt Albert. They handed David Shearer that seat after Helen Clarks departure, through an absolute shocker involving Melissa Lee and bad support.

I expect it'll get nasty. I expect the Left will indulge in spoiler tactics - personal attacks, making Electoral Promises that there would be no way to deliver on, and the like.

Winston Peters will be there, getting column inches and time with the Media. When are they going to insist he repays the more than $150k that NZ First was deemed to owe the taxpayer...?

Hone? Not understanding that many of his 'people' in the North may not be eligible to vote due to being transient.

I can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home