Thursday, September 22, 2011

Motley Crüe

One of my current guilty (perhaps 'guilty' is too strong a word) pleasures is Motley Crüe, played loud and proud.


I'm happily rediscovering Dr. Feelgood. God this is a good album. I just love the guitar work of Mick Mars and the incredible rhythm section of Nikki Sixx and Tommy Lee. That Vince Neil has some seriously good vocal chops as well.

The chemistry in this band is electrifying.

I see that they're currently touring Australia. That would be an amazing show to see.






I love that they are one of those bands with longevity. They still can write, they still can play, they still can tour. I actually despair a little with the current music scene. I struggle to name bands that get airplay that I think will have 20-30+ years of playing together.

I loved this quote "In 2002, Simon Cowell was sent from Hell to destroy Rock". There is a degree of truth to this. There is so much noise in the industry and artificial promotion of the 'latest' thing, that talent and musicianship is often overlooked.

Bring back testosterone-fuelled rock I say. Make it front and centre.

- S

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home