Thursday, October 06, 2011

The Kiwi "She'll be right" Mentality

I've been selling Design services for nearly five years. I am fortunate to be surrounded by some incredibly talented designers, and some of their sensibilities have rubbed off.

One thing I have grown to despise is a trait that New Zealanders tend to have. The idea that something will work out with minimal effort. "She'll be right, mate".

I have seen it so many times in business.

Clever people who produce fantastic products, who provide fantastic services present themselves to their prospects in a half-assed way. They have either no design, or its design done by the Wife's niece who is a hairdresser but quite likes to draw.

I know of online businesses that have incredible systems and technology. But their website looks like crap. "It's all about the back-end and the data". Really?

I know that how something looks sets my expectation for what is offered. If it looks crappy, I'll expect it to be crappy.

Please please please. If you make something cool, DESIGN it. Present it in the best possible light.

- S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home